Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Propagating Project

Today the kids and I started building the propagation terrarium. They haven't got the jist of storyboarding the process (kind of like following a recipe). Giving them lumber and a drill just makes them want to procede without looking at the plan. It is fun to watch their minds at work. Tomorrow we will video the process and procedure of the propagating stucture. My plan is start planting either Wednesday or Thursday. Then wish my brown thumb luck. Everything I have read says it will take a couple of weeks to get things to root. With school winding down, I hope it doesn't take any longer.

The next problem I need to solve for them is their fighting over who gets to run the video camera. Gee, they don't sound like normal kids. I want them all to get the chance to run the video camera, but am more excited to get it to down load and have them edit the taping. That will be a new adventure for everyone. (Big learning curve for me!) If you have any tricks up your sleeve on this, let me know. Usually they catch on to it before I do, thank goodness. (I'm not too proud to learn from my students. They have great ideas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment